Sunday, March 18, 2012

House Hunting

This has nothing to do with the theme of this blog, which is all about the buhi-nyans, but I just agreed to sell the condo I live in.  Well, it is not completely unrelated since my animal kids will also be greatly affected by the move. My condo has been on the market since last November, and I having animal childrend did not make the process easy.
Living Room. The cases contain my mother's doll collection. 

The Smaller Bedroom, now arranged as a study.

The condo is a duplex, and the upstairs (ground floor) is the main living area. Last October I had the floor redone, and the walls repainted upstairs. And ever since, the children have been banned from the upstairs, and we have all been living downstairs on the basement/garden level. So it's been quite cramp. That's also the reason all my recent pictures haven't had much variety.

But someone has finally come along who wanted my apartment, and now it's my turn to look for a new place to live. I have an arrangement to stay here for 2 month after the closing, but I must act very quickly once we close. Unfortunately, I don't have adequate fund to make a down payment, so everything must be done quickly in that 2 month that I have after I close.

Well, there are still lots of hurdle. Finding a new place is sort of exciting, but there are lots of uncertainties too. I hope I can move to a place that will be a good home for my animal kids.

Now changing the subject entirely...., here's some of the recent pictures that didn't make it onto the 365 Project:

Shingen & Asha.These two are ever the pair.They are like bookends on the windowsill. 

Shingen: A rather spotted character!


Dasein, she always have a scheme. 

Socrates: A Philosopher or a Fool? Or maybe, Foolish Philosoper/ Philosophical Fool?

Captain Wu-Wei. The nominal leader of the Righteous Cats Brigade. We must keep the universe safe from Dasein's evil
paws!

Relatively decent picture of Promise -- he who is difficult to photograph.

5 comments:

  1. The house hunting project sounds like a lot of excitement and work... I hope, you'll find the perfect new home for yourself and your pets :)
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lastrami! Thank you for dropping by here. I think you and I are the only people who read this.

      The house hunting is exciting, but it's a daunting task. I sort of feel overwhelmed. There are so many houses, yet so few that seem to fit my needs. Most of the nice ones are too expensive. Sigh.

      Thank you for wishing me luck, I need it!

      Delete
  2. If you’re annoyed by my comments at some point: please say it plain ;)

    Are there some good news about your house hunting?
    By the way: we are searching, too (but without time pressure). Our house is only rented. It would be nice to move away from this town for different reasons.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lastrami,
      Unless you are planning to say something really mean (lol) I can't see how you can annoy me with your comment! You are always so thoughtful and kind.

      House hunting is very energy and time consuming. It's very hard on a limited budget and time. Most of what I've seen so far is either too expensive or too run down, or not in good area, or something. I know nothing is perfect, and I have to find the right balance and compromise where I can.

      Do you know where you would like to move? If you don't have the time pressure, you can keep your eyes open for the right opportunity. But be ready to be able to take action, when that right chance come along! I think that's the best way to find a new place.

      Delete
    2. Thanks - now I feel relieved :)

      House hunting ... yes, it's roughly the same here: we checked many offers, but the houses were either too old or too expensive ... or whatever.
      My husband works 60km from here, and we're looking for something closer to his workplace (only one reason, there are some more).
      Well, actually our great dream is a house in a particular village close to the Baltic Sea. But it's hard to find a job there; especially when you're 40-something :-/

      Be confident! I'm sure, you'll find a beautiful new home in time :)

      Delete