Friday, January 27, 2012

365 Days of Buhi-Nyan

Dasein likes to sleep all wrapped up in sheets.

There's a website called 365 Project; it's a photography site where people try to post a photo a day. The goal is to have pictures for every day of the year. I found out about this site recently, and I opened an account to keep photographic records of my daily life with my animal kids. 

It also works a bit like social network site, so you can look at other people's pictures, and follow particular photographers, and comment on their works. There are many really stunning and beautiful photographs. I get the feeling that the majority of the people there are pretty serious photographers unlike me, who's a pretty lousy photographer. My page at 365 Project is rather embarrassing, really, in comparison to people who really knows what they're doing with a camera.

I would like to learn more about photography, and get better, since almost all my pictures of my kids disappoint me. I wish I can capture their individuality, quirkiness, and all the funny, entertaining, and wonderful  moments, but most of the time my pictures are out of focus or blurry, and they just don't do justice to their subjects. 

These are some of the problems:

1) Most of the pictures are taken indoor, and the lighting is inadequate, yet using the flash does not provide a solution. 
2) My subjects (the furry-blurries) wouldn't sit still. And they are very fast when they move, unlike me, who is pretty slow. 
3) My hands are not that steady. 
4) The furry-blurries are low on the ground most of the time, and I would need to grovel on the floor to get to their sight line. 

A better camera with higher shutter speed may solve some of these problems, but with my limited photographic abilities, I'm not sure whether it's going to be worth the investment. It's a dilemma.

Tempo & Shingen, this morning (Jan. 27, 2007)






No comments:

Post a Comment