Friday, January 25, 2013

Kamu Goes to the Vet (Don't Worry! Nothing Serious!)


It's been super, super cold in New York this week. The temperature at night reached 15 degree F, which is about -9 degree C, but I had to take Kamu to the vet Tuesday night (Jan 22).  Tuesday morning I noticed that her right eye was half-closed. It seems that someone hit her. (Probably Shingen or Asha, since they are always mean to her.) I had to go to work but made an appointment with the vet for that evening. When I came home her eye looked much better, but I took her anyway. (But Boy, IT WAS COLD!!!)


The vet gave her a check up, and stained the eye to make sure that her cornea wasn't scratch. Thank goodness, her injury was just a scratch above the eye. The eye was a bit irritated, but fine. Nevertheless I was told to put in eye ointment for 3-5 days. Putting in eye ointment in a cat's eye is NOT EASY, but at least it's Kamu, and she is very gentle, unlike some of my other kids! (Like Shingen, I'm talking about you!)


LET ME OUT!!!!! Kamu is not Happy.

4 comments:

  1. Brave little Kamu! Good that you asked the vet, even if it looked already a little better. I'm glad that it's nothing dangerous, phew! Good luck with the eye ointment... not easy, I know (Pollux is very defensive! *ouch*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lastrami, thank you for dropping by. Kamu's eye is much better now, or rather, I can't see anything wrong with it anymore, and I'm almost finished putting in the ointment. Tomorrow will be the last day. Thank you for thinking about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah, sounds good :) Thanks for your response.
    A few years ago, I thought Pollux had lost one of his eyes, it looked so terrible! But blessedly it was a conjunctivitis (is "pinkeye" the same thing?).
    The vet put a green, fluorescent liqid into his eye to check out if there's a blessure. But we only had to give him an oitment, like you.

    Get well, Kamu.

    ReplyDelete